Friday, June 1, 2012

Tesla Coils, Magnifying Transmitter

Whilst I was looking into amateur radio I stumbled upon Tesla coils being used to transmit longitudal waves via a scalar field. It's a very different use from the popular use such as playing music and giving amazing light show

PLEASE NOTE ELECTRICITY CAN BE DANGEROUS DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING YOU DO!


And with modern solid state circuit we can now use this effect at safer power levels, which is very different from when Nikola Tesla used spark gaps and very high voltage to produce this effect!
The great thing about scalar fields is you can communicate globally without creating radiation either via transverse waves employed in current radio technology or electromagnetic waves produced by wifi and microwave ovens. The trick is to find the resonant frequency of the coils you've wound. Now the expensive part is buying a function generator that can cover a wide frequency band.

The other option is to replicate the work of others which has the benefit of narrowing down the frequency band you need to scan to find the resonant frequency. A lot more information on the open source project can be found here I have to say that the manual seemed a little vague on some sections.

I've started my own build based off the information in the open source manual however I have used the materials i've had to hand or were easily accessible.

The ball shape is actually from a dome lamp made of glass, I covered it in foil and used aluminum tape to keep the flapping bits down. you could use zinc primer paint used in welding which is 90% zinc when dry!

The coil is made from approx 4mm copper tube, I will have to check the gauge later, The secondary (inner coil) has 18 windings and the primary has 5. The base board was made from scraps of wood I had left over. I fitted an M12 zinc threaded rod into a 10mm hole with bolts either side. I had to grind the top into a hex shape to screw it fully through the board.


Here is a rubber bung stuck on top to rest the glass domes on, I think they came out of a new washing machine (the restrainers for transit)

I totally changed tack and remade a set of coils more closely to the open source manual. Heres some photo's/screenshots from that setup. And as you will see I have a higher voltage on the receiver at two certain frequency ranges. Anything outside of that gives a lower reading than the transmitter!










No comments:

Post a Comment